A Radiation Safety Training course designed to satisfy licensing requirements for Operators of Portable XRF Devices. This course applies to devices containing either x-ray tubes or radioisotopes.
Duration: Approximately 4 hours.
Courses may be run at client premises to enable practical training and assessment.
We are now offering this course via internet presentation.
Topics covered in this Radiation Safety Training course are:
- The Scientific Background
- Biological Effects
- Radiation Protection Philosophy and Standards
- Background Radiation
- External Radiation Control
- General Principles of Protection Against X-rays
- Dose Rates from Portable XRF Units
- Simple Rules for Safety with Portable XRF Units
- Security in Storage and Transport