A Radiation Safety Training course designed to satisfy licensing and practical radiation safety requirements for Radiation Safety Officers in Research Establishments and Production Laboratories.
This course can be tailored to fit your specific needs.
Duration: 1.5 to 2 Days.
Courses are usually run at client premises to facilitate practical backup.
Topics covered in a typical Radiation Safety Training course are:
- The Scientific Background
- Biological Effects
- Radiation Protection Philosophy and Standards
- Applying the ALARA Principle
- Background Radiation
- External Radiation Control
- Internal Radiation Control
- ARPANSA Codes of Practice
- Practical Issues of Dose Measurement
- Practical Issues of Contamination Measurement
- Radiation Management Planning
- Storage and Security of Radioisotopes in Laboratories
- Emergency Procedures