A range of Radiation Safety Training courses is available for industries and organisations which use radioisotopes in laboratories.
Duration: 1 day
Safe Use of Radioisotopes in Laboratories Courses are tailored to suit specific needs of clients and are guaranteed to meet legislative requirements and provide relevant, practical content.
Topics covered in a typical Radiation Safety Training course are:
- The Scientific Background
- Biological Effects
- Radiation Protection Philosophy and Standards
- Background Radiation
- Internal and External Radiation Control
- ARPANSA Codes of Practice
- Practical Issues of Radiation and Contamination Measurement
- Storage and Security of Radioisotopes in Laboratories
- Emergency Procedures