A Radiation Safety Training course designed to satisfy licensing requirements for Radiation Safety Officers in Industry.
The course can be tailored to fit your specific needs including the need in NSW to obtain an S10 licence for using radioactive substances.
Duration: 1.5 to 2 Days.
Courses are usually run at client premises to facilitate practical backup.
Topics covered in a typical Radiation Safety Training course are:
- The Scientific Background
- Biological Effects
- Radiation Protection Philosophy and Standards
- Applying the ALARA Principle
- Background Radiation
- Practical Issues of External Dose Control
- Safe Use of Industrial Radiation Gauges
- The NH&MRC/ARPANSA Code of Practice
- Practical Issues of Dose Measurement
- Radiation Management Planning
- Emergency Procedures